The goal of exercise psychology is to make sustainable improvements in physical activity and lifestyle to improve the quality of your general health and well-being.
We all know the vast health benefits from increased exercise and physical activity but making sustainable lifestyle changes isn’t easy. Ambitus Performance will support clients every step of the way, regardless of your current level of fitness and provide assistance to inspire and maintain long-term lifestyle changes, allowing you to perform optimally in life. We do this by creating personalised development programmes and promoting manageable activities that can be holistically integrated into your daily life.
- Working with cardiac patients who need rehabilitation help
- Working with other medical conditions where general exercise programmes are crucial to optimal recovery
- Working with osteoporosis conditions or chronic back pain to develop coping strategies and mental skills
- Counselling clients in poor physical or mental health, and who may benefit from participation in more regular exercise
- Working holistically with other health professionals such as GPs, physiotherapists, nutritionists and visiting clients in a variety of settings including employers’ premises, the client’s home, clinical settings and local fitness centres
Ambitus Performance expects to achieve the following outcomes:
- Increase the clients’ awareness of their exercise habits that might be holding them back
- Provide clients with the tools necessary to overcome their barriers to exercise
- Implement exercise cues and offer assistance in creating a motivational climate