Sport performance and student excellence share a lot of similarities; fierce competition, performing under pressure, hitting targets, overcoming setbacks and discipline, to name a few.
In addition to offering consultancy services to athletes, coaches, and teams, Ambitus Performance also applies the same principles to the world of education. The goal of education consultations is to gain a competitive advantage by investing in student health and wellbeing. It’s well known that today’s students are under increasing pressure to perform and competition for places brings added stress. Ambitus Performance offers individual consultations and workshops to assist students in developing new healthy habits and to improve their exam preparation. We specialize in tailoring holistic well-being programmes and interactive classroom workshops to meet the specific needs of our clients.
Ambitus Performance expects to achieve the following outcomes:
- Help create student friendly environment that maximizes the chances of effective learning
- Provide students with the tools necessary to maintain healthy levels of functioning and performance
- Overcome any weaknesses by implementing individual development and well-being plans
Ambitus Performance will use the following means to achieve the expected outcomes as stated above:
- Monitor exercise adherence, sleep habits, nutrition and mental fatigue to help students increase awareness of their lifestyle habits
- Schedule regular appointments to meet with clients who have expressed an interest in education consultations
- Devise, implement and evaluate well-being programmes based on the needs of the students, measuring its effectiveness over time
Individual education consultations are available face-to-face, on the phone, online, and via Skype. The allotted time for an individual consultation is 50-minutes, however an hour will always be reserved should we need it.
Education group workshops are only offered face-to-face. The allotted time for a workshop is flexible according to the client’s requirements. A mix of individual education consultations and education group workshops is usually preferred.
The prioritisation of the student’s well-being will always be put at the forefront of any work we do. Education consultations give both the student and the health professional an excellent opportunity to build a working relationship that is mutually based on trust. Creating a collaborative environment between the consultant and the student is vitally important to the overall success of the well-being plan. Ambitus Performance is committed to developing a relationship that fosters the student’s autonomy in making sustainable improvements to their health, well-being and lifestyle.